Weekly Updates – Feb 28
DLIT Staff Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from DLIT staff
- Eric Kunnen
- Continued work on the Distance Learning Student and Faculty Survey revisions with feedback from IRP and DL FAB.
- Continued planning with IRP to distribute the DL Student and Faculty Survey Kickoff on Feb 25. This was placed on hold by request / pending feedback and go ahead.
- Participated in a Blackboard Hosting Conference Call.
- Prepared report for Deans Council Presentation.
- GRCC Leadership Institute – The morning included: Academic Governance Council, Mike Light, Strategic Leadership Team; Donna Kragt, Group Facilitation Skills and Chapter presentations.
- Attended ISIS Meeting on faculty professional development topics.
- Bb Team Meeting facilitation and participation.
- Prepared and delivered report for AGC Exec for the Minimum Bb Use Standards.
- HLC 5.1.4 CAP Meeting – Discussion and updates by goal leaders.
- Presented report to DEANS Council entitled “HLC Distance Learning”.
- Meegan Willi
- Facilitating the OHCC, final presentations are on 3/1.
- The Online Course Review Committee approved GH 110 for online offering.
- Attended ISIS Staff Meeting on 2/22.
- Attended Blackboard Team Meeting on 2/25.
- Attended HLC Recommendations Team Meeting on 2/25.
- Attended ISIS Leadership Meeting on 2/26.
- Met with Mary K. on 2/26 for OHCC, Blackboard, and Camtasia Relay questions/training.
- Met with Lynnae S. on 2/26 for Camtasia Relay training
- Worked with Jim Egan from Washtenaw Community College to get the Spring miBUG Conference information on the miBUG website, create the online registration form, and presentation proposal form. The conference will be on April 19th at Washtenaw Community College and it is free! Details at www.mibug.org/events.
- Prep for Teaching, Learning and Technology Showcase – communicating with presenters.
- Assisted drop-ins and email questions on the following topics:
- how to collect peer evaluations via Blackboard
- how to create accessible word documents
- how to add a banner to a Blackboard course
- how to add closed captions to a Camtasia Relay recording
- how to create an accessible document with tabs
- how to fix a missing file in a Blackboard course
- how to format assessment questions in the Blackboard html editor
- Jose Mora
- Helped faculty and staff with:
- Content management
- Bb drive
- Integrating Google docs link in Blackboard course
- Login into Blackboard (password reset)
- Login into Windows Active Directory (password reset – lookup)
Adding essay question to Respondus document and then uploading exam to Blackboard
Editing BB grade center points and column names
Organizing google docs filing
Uploading documents to bb
Sending mass email to class
Creating an anouncement
- Helped faculty and staff with:
- Helped students with:
- Enrolling in the honors program
- Turning in intake form
- Questions about payment to cashiers
- Enrolled students in courses
- Removed from study away program
- Processed invoices
- Edited Study Away Intake Form
- Working with facilities and Meegan to setup room for TLT Showcase
- Reconciled the budget
- Working with Sherry and Hillery on logistical preparation for their trips
- Created more honors courses
- Processed Study Away Intake Forms
- Background and Conduct checks
- Attended BB Team Meeting
- Met with Jeff Kissinger on the accessibility of DLIT’s webpages
- Working on IRP college wide survey
- Answered incoming phone calls
- Answered DLIT email
- I was just curious as to what version of QuickBooks I would need in order to complete the online Computerized Accounting I course.
- I am just wanting to make sure that I filled out everything correctly for my application. I am attending a university in Indiana and wanting to take one summer class this summer that is online. I sent my transcript over and am waiting for a message back. Is there something that i can do so that I know I will be able to sign up for the class before it fills up? Or is there a way to check the status of my application?
- Does GRCC offer oline degree programs in business? If so, what are the costs?
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from EOL faculty in the department.
- Lisa Gloege
Attended ISIS meeting.
Completed another online course review.
Started Bb exemplary course review.
- Gary Ebels
- Met with Committee to review 3 new on-line courses.
- Gave feedback to online course needing additional work.
- Reviewed closed caption options.
- Attended ISIS meeting.
- Attended HLC Recommendations meeting.
- Spent multiple hours reviewing and helping faculty member with on-line course submission,
- Mursalata Muhammad
- Garret Brand
- Facilitate OHCC online sessions
- Facilitate OHCC campus session
- OHCC Reporting
- Faculty Support
- ISIS Meeting
- Blackboard Team Meeting
- OHCC Grading and Feedback
- MiBUG site revisions
- Promoting TLT Showcase
- Working with Nursing, DLIT and Media Technologies on captioning solution.
- Hours at http://www.editgrid.com/user/gbrand/hours