Celebrate Digital Learning Day with DLIT
What: Donuts and Distance Learning & Blackboard and Bagels – Digital Learning Day
When: Wednesday, February 6 from 11:30 to 1:30
Where: Room 347 Main
The focus of this day is about engaging students, celebrating innovative faculty, inspiring great teaching, and creating better learning experiences to improve student success through leveraging technology in the classroom!
Digital Learning Day is a national campaign that celebrates teachers and shines a spotlight on successful instructional practice and effective use of technology in classrooms across the country. The inaugural Digital Learning Day boasted tens of thousands of teachers representing nearly 2 million students.
Here are a few of the instructional technologies available to you here at GRCC:
- Multimedia Classrooms – All of our classrooms have multimedia podiums where you can plug in your laptop or use the computer in the room to access the web, play DVDs or even record your lecture with Camtasia Relay!
- Camtasia Relay is available in all of our classrooms as well as outside of them. You can record your live lecture and share it with your students in Blackboard, or create recordings in your office to post to an online course. Instructors can use Relay to support the “Flipped Classroom” model as well! Finally, Relay also has an app that lets you record videos on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and upload them right to our relay server.
- Blackboard is our enterprise course management system where you can share everything from your syllabus to recorded lectures with your students.
- Blackboard IM is an instant messaging tool you can download from within Blackboard to communicate instantly, one-on-one, with your students, colleagues, and other staff on campus. You can even set-up virtual office hours and hold them with Blackboard IM!
- i>clicker is our campus standard audience response system. This technology allows you to poll your students in class and get real-time responses quickly. i>clicker also integrates with our Blackboard system so you can easily import clicker grades into the Blackboard grade book.
- Plus we have a variety of technology tools you can check out from Media Technologies to use in your teaching! The GRCC Digital Initiative was created to reduce the barriers we have around accessing technology for teaching. You can try out an iPad, Barnes & Noble Nook, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Xoom, iPod touch, blue eyeball webcamera, or Kodak zi8 video camera.