2013 Blackboard Exemplary Course Program – Now Open!
Its that time of year again – the 2013 Blackboard Catalyst Awards are open for nominations. The Blackboard Exemplary Course Program began in 2000 with the goal of identifying and disseminating best practices for designing engaging online courses. Distance Learning & Instructional Technologies would like to encourage our faculty to submit their courses to the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (ECP). You do amazing work, and this is a great program which gives you the opportunity to gain recognition as well as valuable feedback from reviewers at other institutions who have fresh perspectives.
The Blackboard ECP honors those course creators whose courses demonstrate best practices in four major areas: Course Design, Interaction & Collaboration, Assessment and Learner Support. A group of voluntary of Course Reviewers will use the ECP rubric to evaluate submitted courses.
No matter if you win or not, participants receive valuable feedback that gives them insight on how to better engage with students and elevate their teaching experiences. Past participants have reported that the experiences of evaluating their courses using the rubric improved their courses and made them stronger course designers. View tours of the 2012 Exemplary Winning Courses.
By submitting your course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn course design best practices to improve the engagement, collaboration, assessment and learner support within your own courses or courses you help develop
- Gain peer, institution, and industry recognition for your accomplishments and participation in the program
Consider becoming a volunteer Course Reviewer to:
- Explore in-depth a variety of different online courses and get ideas and inspiration for your own online courses
- Apply lessons learned from the Exemplary Course Rubric to your own courses or those you are helping to develop
- Share your knowledge and experience with others by providing feedback on their course designs
If you have any questions about the program, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you would like assistance with your course design please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you with instructional design questions and even take the time to look at your course using the Blackboard Exemplary Course Rubric with you. Courses must be submitted to Blackboard by February 15, 2013.