Weekly Updates – October 31
DLIT Staff Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from DLIT staff.
- Eric Kunnen
- DAP Update – Provided and authored narrative and work for Ric U on the DLIT updates to the department action projects.
- State Authorization MCCVLC Conference Call – Sent a request to Diane P and Tina H for their help with the requirements seem most directly related to admissions and registrar related operations for the State Authorization for Institutions Offering Distance Education to Out-of-State Students through the Department of Education. Support is needed to complete the “College Checklist” ( http://www.mccvlc.org/uploads/fckeditor//file/Checklist_stateauthorization.pdf ) – Which is a listing of states and links to documents that each college must complete and submit to acquire exemptions and/or authorizations from the states requiring action by individual colleges.
- DL Strategic Plan Work – Worked to finalize the strategic plan with feedback from EOL Faculty and the CAP Team.
- LET Meeting – Discussed plans for the upcoming year for the team and the potential strategies to reuse furniture from the Cook Hall renovation and an audit of classrooms.
- Access End Meeting – Met with team to review BOT report and plan for presentation.
- Attended Webinar – Reviewed the “Innovations in Online Student Retention” WCET webinar. Idea for GRCC to implement a survey for those students that withdraw and asking why. Compare withdraws or failures to GPA. Better use of Starfish Early Alert.
- Attended ISIS Meeting – Worked on completion agenda process measures and outcomes.
- Sent email to faculty who haven’t opened the DLIT Newsletter a followup email.
- Prepared and sent out Bb Team Agenda
- BOT and Cabinet Presentation Work – Authored and edited a Powerpoint presentation for the Cabinet and BOT.
- Atttended and Presented at Cabinet Meeting and Authored Changes – Presented Access End Report to Cabinet and received feedback. Authored changes to the report and the PPT in prep for BOT meeting in November.
- ISIS Directors Meeting – Discussed reporting needs for the CTE.
- CD215 – Submitted a new course request to the Deans Sub-Committee for approval to develop.
- Collegiate – Responded to a reporter with questions about online learning for student newspaper.
- Meegan Willi
- Enjoying vacation…
- Jose Mora
- Patricia Empie needed help with with changing her test options
- Kay Ramer needed help with removing track changes in Microsoft word
- Robin Springs needed to know how to export test and find test she created but did not complete.
- Heather Mol was struggling to find a way to let students see their exam scores without them being able to actually click on the grade and open the test results.
- Carol Jurgens needed help with inputting grades.
- Wanted to learn how to print onto GRCC printer
- Needed help in figuring out how to print documents from her macbook to school printers and email an attachment. Ran into some issues with the printing piece but we’re able to fix it.
- Bertha Chivis had questions about creating a journal
- Whitney Harper created groups and changed people’s access to leader so that each leader of each group could add their own users from the organization. It was not working. It was and edit mode on/off issue.
- Worked with Paul Neumaier to reset BB password
- Working with Collen Copus to figure out why her tutorial video will fade to black
- Created new online sections
- Submitted Distance Learning Enrollment Report for Fall 2012
- Worked on tuition reconciliation for Fall 2012
- Working with Jody Graves to make query public
- Answered incoming phone calls
- Answered DLIT email
- I want to get a degree in business administration i think that’s the one for secretarial work. what other courses does that require? also how do i enroll? can that be done online or do i have to go to the actual campus?
- I am interested in online courses (employer assisted) which I was unable to really find out much thru the site or the online interactive catalog concerning AutoDesk Inventor 2012 and/or AutoCad 2012. Course DR140 was the only thing I saw listed and was wondering what options were offered for online training.
- Is it possible you might be able to connect me with a counselor that can give me specifics
- Kind of frustrated! Stalked the website trying to register for math class and then when I could register it is full! I need this class bad! Is there a waiting list ? I am trying to get into math 98. Do both general biology and physical science have labs?
EOL Faculty Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from EOL faculty in the department.
Garry Brand – 8 Hours per Week
- Providing technical assistance to DLIT as it pertains to the Online/Hybrid Certification Course. For example, make recommendations for changes in the OHCC, assist with faculty professional development, review and synthesize data.
- Providing advice about the current state of OHCC and make recommendations for improvements or other changes.
- Making recommendations for changes to distance-delivered education, especially as they pertain to recommendations made by the Higher Learning Commission; assisting with the implementation of those changes.
- Co-facilitating the Online Hybrid Certification Course.
Gary Ebels, Lisa Gloege, and Mursalata Muhammad- 4 Hours Per Week
- Providing faculty professional development with emphasis on instructional technologies to peers.
- Reviewing and synthesizing data about the College’s distance-delivered education program.
- Assisting with the implementation of changes based on those data as well as the recommendations made by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Regularly representing DLIT in campus and community meetings.
- Lisa Gloege
Staffed BB open labParticipated in e-mail conversation re. open lab, use of EOL faculty in DLITPromoting clicker training on FridayRevised i>clicker training CTE session summary and objectives.Testing Firefox 15 (and now 16); dealt with issues in install
- Gary Ebels
- Facilitated Blackboard Basics and Grade Center – Online. No new participants this week.
- Worked a shift in our Blackboard Open Lab
- Mursalata Muhammad
- Began email conversation on ways to best use EOL Faculty (1hr)
- ISIS Meeting (1.5hr)
- Reviewed GRCC Leader Institute Applications (1.5hr)
- Staffed DLIT Open Lab (3hrs)
- Sent follow-up emails to faculty who sought DLIT lab help: Nancy Forrest and Dominic Mattone (.5hr)
- Composed & emailed this weekly DLIT report (.25hr)
- Garret Brand
- DLIT Drop-ins – see Tracking Form
- Blackboard Lab
- Blackboard Team
- AX Partnership Program
- Online Faculty Development Meeting
- Updating Deans Council Report
- ISIS Meeting
- Instructional Technology Meeting with faculty member
- Hours listed at http://www.editgrid.com/user/gbrand/hours.
DLIT Tracking Table
- Now in Peoplesoft