Blackboard Team Meeting – October 17th
In attendance: Eric Kunnen, Jose Mora, Mark Nordblom, Meegan Willi, and Garret Brand
1. Current Issues, Tracking, and Followup
- Followup of Weekend Outage (Mark)
- Bb10 ran out of diskspace. Cron job will be used to keep system clean and alerts will be changed to alert earlier say at 80%.
- Faculty communication on this issue may need to be resent. The plan is to relay faculty to the help desk for resolution.
- Session Timeout – Mark is working to address this issue. A ticket hasn’t been submitted to Bb Support as of yet.
- Bb Concerns from Faculty Association (Eric)
- There are still old browsers out on the pc’s at the college which create problems. Can we target these old browsers.
- Automation concerns with matching rosters. Bill F is aware of the problem experienced this morning with plans for fixing in W13.
- Start up reliability. Steps are needed to ensure uptime and reliability.
- Photos being updated on a timely basis. Bill F and Mark N will be working to automate this for Winter 2013.
- One known issues was reported that is expected to be resolved in SP10.
- Load balancer seems to display maintenance. Help Desk relays that the user needs to clear their browser cache. Mark N is suggesting onload refresh so that user will get the correct page displayed. We receive a large number of calls from students on this issue too.
- Fixing Report System (Mark)
- Now working!
- Bb Stats – how long should this be stored. Looking for good practice examples.
- Common Reports from Help Desk (Fred)
- Respondus Not in App Explorer (Mark, Meegan)
- Paul has been contacted.
- Bb11 Back in App Server Pool? (Mark)
2. Project Updates
- Relay Email and Disk Space Cleanup (Eric)
- Eric will send out the email.
- 4.1.2 is also being worked on as well.