Weekly Updates – August 8th
This area includes international, national, regional, state, and local activities.
Department Action Projects & College Action Projects
This area includes accomplishments or milestones regarding Departmental and College Action Project(s).
- Project 1 – Extend DL Program
- DL CAP Team met to finalize strategic plan.
- Project 2 – Enhance Classroom and Instructional Technologies
- Project 3 – Extend Blackboard Learn, Content, Community
Other Work within Your Department
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from within the department.
DLIT Staff Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from DLIT staff that is not included in the work outlined in the Department and College Action Projects area and categories above.
- Eric Kunnen
- Adjunct Observation Training – Attended the adjunct faculty evaluation training.
- Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) Appointment – Was appointed to SLT.
- DL College Action Project (CAP) Champions Update – Attended the update led by Donna K and the new information presented on the “Completion Agenda”.
- Distance Learning Strategic Plan Editing – Worked to author and edit the strategic plan with feedback from the CAP team.
- Summer Technology Institute (STI) Communication in GRCC Today – Created and submitted a communication for GRCC Today to highlight the STI.
- Blackboard Downtime Notice Distribution – Authored and distributed with ithelp the downtime for next week’s upgrade to Bb Service Pack 8.
- Surveys & Accessibility Conference Call with Bb – Attended a call with Blackboard on the new survey tool coming this Fall and the accessibility enhancements that are planned.
- Meegan Willi
- Co-facilitated the OHCC
- Met with Mary G. to continue the development of GH 110. The Course Curriculum Document is approved, the schedule is done, the test banks will not work – the questions do not align with the outcomes of the course (Mary will write her own that are in line with the face-to-face course and the objectives in the CARP). Next meeting scheduled on August 8th where Mary will have all videos picked out, discussion board questions written, and quiz questions written.
- Recorded a video for the August 3rd, Friday, OHCC optional drop-in session
- Attended Retreat: Adjunct Observation and Feedback Process on August 6th
- Met with Lynnae S. on August 7th for a Blackboard Basics session and preview of the Blackboard 9.1 Service Pack 8 look which will be in place for Fall 2012.
- Attended Surveys & Accessibility conference call on August 8th regarding accessibility in the new visual text box editor in Blackboard.
- Updated the blog in the Blackboard AX Social Networking Small Group course, introducing the department to the rest of the group which is performing usability testing on possible future social networking features of Blackboard.
- Attended webinar demonstration and information session from Blackboard on their new two-way text messaging product Blackboard ConnectTxt, August 8th.
- Assisted Penni with questions on upcoming workshops and the Summer Technology Institute.
- Assisted other faculty drop-ins in person, via phone, email, and Blackboard IM. Submitted tracking forms to http://www.grcc.edu/tracking – summary is available here [https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewanalytics?key=0Av8C6IlT6vu-cERzaFRHSFh2Wk1GVDlqY0hVNm1YQmc] – 6 faculty members, (1) question related to slow course copy, (2) how to add another instructor as a course builder in Blackboard, (3) where to find the password for a career services website, (4) issues with slow course copy and quizzes not copying in entirety, (5) course copy question – will old student discussion board posts copy or do I need to delete them before the copy process, (6) question on the technology available in a specific classroom.
- Jose Mora
- Reviewing DL CAP strategy plan
- Working with IT to make sure lab has all necessary software for STI
- Ordered laptops from multimedia for additional enrollment for STI
- Still working with IT to fix mail filtering issue
- Working with vendor to finalize swag order for raider rally and STI
- Enrolled MCCVLC students in course
- Processed their applications
- Helped student find an office
- Worked at WRC on Friday
- Weekly meeting with Ric and Penni
- Consolidating enrollment MCCVLC numbers
- Getting ready to send out transcript request to Records for VLC students
EOL Faculty Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from EOL faculty in the department.
- Lisa Gloege
- Gary Ebels
- Mursalata Muhammad
- Garret Brand
- Facilitate OHCC
- Reporting and Grading
- Assist with Blackboard troubleshooting
- Review of OHCC Template
- Blackboard Upgrade and Pilot Faculty
- detail of hours at http://www.editgrid.com/user/gbrand/hours
DLIT Tracking Table