Weekly Updates – August 1
This area includes international, national, regional, state, and local activities.
Department Action Projects & College Action Projects
This area includes accomplishments or milestones regarding Departmental and College Action Project(s).
- Project 1 – Extend DL Program
- DL CAP Meeting – The CAP team met to review the draft recommendations and the strategic plan.
- Project 2 – Enhance Classroom and Instructional Technologies
- Project 3 – Extend Blackboard Learn, Content, Community
Other Work within Your Department
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from within the department.
DLIT Staff Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from DLIT staff that is not included in the work outlined in the Department and College Action Projects area and categories above.
- Eric Kunnen
- Presented AGC minimum standards of use of Bb information to Deans.
- Held Syllabus Meeting for AGC Standard with Paula S, Bill F, and Mark N so IT can determine if filename can be used to report against for the AGC Standard.
- Communicated with the U of Louisville who has an accreditation syllabus building block on their Bb system based on a session at the recent BbWorld conference to be used potentially for the AGC Standard.
- Sent Clicker Communication and Followup for Building Block and Firmware to Media and IT.
- Participated in a Fall Planning Meeting that Ann A and Penni W held for FPD with Jose M and Meegan W.
- Participated in ISIS Retreat
- Held a Conference Call with GVSU on Bb Collaborate and Bb IM deployment.
- Created OER page for targeting GRCC’s work in open education resources: http://www.grcc.edu/oer
- Held ETOM Board Meeting for Fall Conference Planning
- Attended a Bb Analytics for Learn (A4L) Kickoff Meeting
- Attended webinar: “Introduction to Online Program Management & Retention Services” by John Knnapell, VP of Online Program Management and Matt Painter, Director of Analytical Solutions. Blackboard offeres: platforms, services, and partnerships to provide flexibility and independence options based on your campus needs and the level of engagement. Offerings include: program development, faculty/courses, marketing, and student lifecycle. See: blackboard.com/opm There is also a new Retention Service solution available through Bb Inc.
- Meegan Willi
- Attended ISIS Operational Plan Retreat on July 26th
- Attended Distance Learning College Action Project Meeting on July 27th
- Attended meeting to finalize draft of the Faculty Professional Development schedule with Eric, Ann, Penni, Jose on July 27th
- Co-facilitated the OHCC Drop-In session on July 27th with Garry
- Participate on the discussion boards in the Blackboard course for the current OHCC – all week
- On vacation – July 30-August 1st
- Assisted other faculty drop ins and submitted tracking forms to http://www.grcc.edu/tracking – summary is available here [https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewanalytics?key=0Av8C6IlT6vu-cERzaFRHSFh2Wk1GVDlqY0hVNm1YQmc] – 1 faculty member, assisted with getting her access to two courses taught by a now retired faculty member.
- Jose Mora
- Attended DL CAP meeting
- Attended FPD meeting
- Ran honors count
- Update DL Faculty email group and BB User group with the new certified faculty
- Proccessed food orders for DLIT and DEL events
- Met with Heath from IRP to figure out discrepancies in DLIT data
- Participated in vendor webinar to test out their product, not likely to pursue further
- Reviewing DL CAP strategy plan
- Gathering online enrollment data for MCCVLC
- Working with IT to make sure lab has all necesary software for STI
- Still working with IT to fix mail filtering issue
- Working with vendor to finalize swag order for raider rally and STI
- Enrolled student in course
- Helped faculty with issue with quiz on Blackboard
- Helped different students find an office
EOL Faculty Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from EOL faculty in the department.
- Lisa Gloege
- Testing of new i>clicker base–set-up and troubleshooting (need for external power source)
- Preparation for STI
- Gary Ebels
- Mursalata Muhammad
- Co-facilitated OHCC
- Garret Brand
- Facilitate OHCC
- Open Education Resources
- Support faculty
- Template discussions
- Detail of hours at – http://www.editgrid.com/user/gbrand/hours
DLIT Tracking Table