Weekly Report – February 17
The following updates are from the DLIT Department for the week ending Feb 17th.
This area includes international, national, regional, state, and local activities.
Department Action Projects & College Action Projects
This area includes accomplishments or milestones regarding Departmental and College Action Project(s).
Project 1 – Extend DL Program
Project 2 – Enhance Classroom and Instructional Technologies
Project 3 – Extend Blackboard Learn, Content, Community
Other Work within Your Department
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from within the department.
DLIT Staff Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from DLIT staff that is not included in the work outlined in the Department and College Action Projects area and categories above.
- SP8 Pilot Web Page – Updated: http://cms.grcc.edu/bbupgrade
- Added a Blog Post on MCCVLC Student Success Webinar – “Student Preparedness for Online Learning” See: https://dlitgroup.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/student-success-online-mccvlc-webinar/
- DL CAP Meeting – The DL CAP team participate in DLIT departmental planning as well as review of the HLC visit.
- DEPT Planning – Completed work on the DLIT department plans and budget for 12-13.
- iPad Meeting – Met with Garry Brand, Meegan Willi, and Fiona Hert about the potential to purchase iPad for teaching and learning.
- Bb Analytics Field Trial – Met with 5 Bb Inc staff along with 13 GRCC staff to review features, potential, and capabilities related to data, tracking, monitoring, and reporting with the new Bb Analytics for Learn product that will be released soon. This is an outstanding product and it will be extremely powerful to provide detailed statistics around the use of Bb from a faculty, staff, and student perspective along with integration with Peoplesoft data provides a rich set of interactive reports and detailed investigation possibilities.
- Bb Analytics: Met with the team from Blackboard on Monday, February 13th for an overview and a session covering Blackboard Outcomes versus Analytics for Learn.
- AGC Clicker Work: Working with Lisa G to schedule times for the campus community to view the clickers and provide the committee feedback during this week and next.
- Online Course Developments:
- Met with Paul Phifer to discuss the development of CLS 101
- Met with Doug Wiersma to touch base on the development of ELEC 010, 020, 030, and 040. Doug will be working with the College and MSU on an articulation agreement to bring the curriculum used at MSU to this side of the state.
- The Online Course Review Committee met and completed 7 course evaluations. With 9 courses on the agenda for this month, we ran out of time, and the final 2 will be completed by the end of the week.
- Blackboard Collaborate Pilot: Emailed pilot participants to gather data on how the tool is being used. Pursuing pilot opportunities in the professional development, training, and meeting realms.
- Watched the recording from Blackboard’s Webinar: “Building Exemplary Courses.” Presented by Dr. Shirley Waterhouse, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Shannon Field, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Worldwide
- Instructional Technology Council eLearning 2012 Conference – February 18-21 – I will be attending the conference and got the good news today that I was awarded an SSPD Grant which will be used towards this development opportunity.
- Opened up VLC sections on website
- Capped remaining summer and Fall sections
- Worked on reimbursements for various incidents
- Answered DLIT student e-mails
- Finished conference logistical work
- Attended DL CAP
- Worked with Printing Solutions staff on new project
- Helped a student change her settings on Blackboard.
- Added the new sections of classes in the VLC website for the Summer Semester.
EOL Faculty Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from EOL faculty in the department.
- Assisted faculty and submitted tracking forms to http://www.grcc.edu/.
- Facilitated Week Four of OHCC and assisted with campus session.
- Assisted various faculty who dropped into 125 Main.
- Participated in Blackboard Team Meeting.
- Cat conversations decreased due to Blackboard consultations and vacations.
- Assisted faculty within Business Department.
- Troubleshooting NBC Video.
- Participated in Blackboard Analytics and Outcomes meeting.
- DL CAP meeting on Friday, February 10.
- Departmental planning meeting on Friday, February 10.
- Planning and funding meeting re: instructional technology for students (with Dean).
- Bb Collaborate pilot planning meeting with Meegan.
DLIT Tracking Table