Weekly Updates – December 23
The following updates are from the DLIT Department for the week ending December 23rd.
This area includes international, national, regional, state, and local activities.
- VTBE Field Trial Kickoff Webinar/Conference Call – DLIT participated in a new visual text box editor PDP call.
- SP8 Upgrade Experience & Installation Beta Meeting – The special presentation topic was the Authentication Framework & SIS integration.
Department Action Projects & College Action Projects
This area includes accomplishments or milestones regarding Departmental and College Action Project(s).
- Project 1 – Extend DL Program
- Orientation Letter Mailed – Jose emailed all DL students an orientation letter.
- Starfish Early Alert Meeting- Eric met with Lynnae and Starfish Inc. to prepare for semester transition and expand use of the system for online learning.
- Bb Orientation course Enhancements – Eric and Meegan edited and checked for accuracy.
- Project 2 – Enhance Classroom and Instructional Technologies
- Project 3 – Extend Blackboard Learn, Content, Community
- Bb Collaborate Meeting- An orientation meeting was held last Friday for the Bb Collaborate Pilot see: https://dlitgroup.wordpress.com/2011/12/16/blackboard-collaborate-pilot/
- New Bb IM Video – Meegan created a new tutorial video on how to use Bb IM (Instant Messenger).
Other Work within Your Department
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from within the department.
DLIT Staff Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from DLIT staff that is not included in the work outlined in the Department and College Action Projects area and categories above.
- Eric Kunnen
- Sent Deans email update for enhancements to the DLIT website.
- Updated the following websites:http://cms.grcc.edu/onlinestudentresearch
http://cms.grcc.edu/distancelearning * added a new development status spreadsheet with support from Meegan
- Began draft student DL survey and shared with Institutional Research as well as requested support.
- Updated the Bb portal with new RSS merged “campus news and highlights” to better promote campus activities.
- Developed a Business Card for TLT Showcase for promotion.
- Meegan Willi
- •Assisted faculty and submitted tracking forms to: http://www.grcc.edu/tracking•Met with FR 102 Online Course Developer to discuss timeline and course needs
•Finished tutorial video for Blackboard IM
•Linked Bb IM video to /bbtipsheets and /bbim also promoted via twitter and facebook
•Clicker committee work – emailed GVSU and WMU to get in contact with a clicker “super user”
•Facilitated Blackboard Collaborate Pilot Meeting on December 16, 2011
•Met with Obed Love on December 16, 2011 re: Blackboard semester switch and entering grades
•Posted https://dlitgroup.wordpress.com/2011/12/16/blackboard-collaborate-pilot/ to DLIT Group Blog
•Created blog for the Bb Collaborate Pilot: http://dlitbbcollab.posterous.com/ – posted recap of Fridays meeting
•Clicker work – researching i>clicker and Turning Point Technologies
•Joined wecollaborate online web community for users of Blackboard Collaborate
•Updated Blackboard Orientation Course for Distance Learning Students and Student Readiness Webpage
•Met with a faculty member to assist with bulk deletes and running statistic reports in an organization
•Created a new excel file to list the online and hybrid courses currently under development https://bb.grcc.edu/bbcswebdav/xid-5685942_4
•Meeting with a faculty member to install Blackboard Drive and train on updating files in the Bb Content System on December 22nd
- Jose Mora
- Opened up VLC sections
- Updated Courses Approved to be Offered Online/Hybrid ( https://bb.grcc.edu/webapps/cmsmain/webui/_xy-5295476_4-t_fuVsWNvM )
- Processed conference invoice
- Answered student VLC questions and helped with issues
- Student Worker
- Provided survey clean up for Blackboard.
- Supported organizing online student data.
- Helped fill up CTE Learning Day Packets.
- Helped with nametags and laptop from media for Learning Day.
EOL Faculty Reports
This area includes accomplishments, milestones, or comments from EOL faculty in the department.
- Luann Keizer
- Tim Koets
- Garret Brand
DLIT Tracking Table