Skip to content
November 30, 2011 / dlitgroup

Bb Team Meeting – November 30

Present: Mark Nordblom, Garry Brand, Eric Kunnen, Meegan Willi, and Fred Bauman (via phone)

  • SafeAssign – Students are reporting errors.  Faculty are reporting that submissions are not showing in gradebook but the submissions are available in the Safeassign tool.
    • One ticket with three specific, separate cases were submitted to Blackboard, and Blackboard support has been able to recreate the error. At this time, there is no resolution for this ticket.
    • This is a period in the semester where Safeassignment is in high use across all Blackboard institutions using the tool.
    • Potentially, we could be experiencing issues as a result of a number of issues both locally and externally as Safeassign is a central service through Blackboard.
    • Eric, Mark and Fred will create a communication will be crafted for Safeassign users. To include in the message: we are currently investigating the issues with Safeassignment and we will update you as we have more information.
  • Blackboard IM: The IT Helpdesk would like to request the ability to embed a graphic on their webpage to indicate if someone is available via Blackboard IM as the Helpdesk User.
  • Bb Support – Safeassign is the only tool that Mark currently has an open ticket with Blackboard.
  • McGraw Hill Building Block – A faculty member has been testing this building block on bb16 for use in Winter 2012, and has not found any issues. Mark will add this building block to production tonight (11/30).
    • Communication? Eric will send an email to the faculty who have previously contacted us to use this Building Block and we’ll move forward with a soft launch.
  • SP8 VTBE PDP – December 6th is the kickoff meeting for the PDP. There will be weekly meetings with Blackboard on Tuesdays for this project.
  • Analytics for Learn – Blackboard wants to set-up a meeting with us ASAP to provide a summary, give a high level overview of the field-trial goals, talk about server environment set-up, and schedule remaining set-up meetings and on-site visit.  Eric will coordinate the scheduling of this call.
  • Bb Collaborate – meeting on December 9th with Blackboard Collaborate Engineer. Followed by a meeting on December 16th with the “Dream Team” (Bb CollaborateFaculty  Pilot Group).
  • New BBConnect Building Block – Mark just received a new Bb Connect Building Block which will fix the colon issue. Mark will add this to production tonight (11/30).
  • Relay – 3.0 is in place, 3.1 is available and Mark still has to get the software, 3.2 is not currently available, and 4 is still in the works. Mark is communicating with Ian on where we stand with licensing and when we will get the updates.
    • 3.1 will allow users to use Relay on Lion (Mac OS), iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: