Blackboard Team Meeting – Nov 2
Present: Fred Bauman, Mark Nordblom, Garry Brand, and Eric Kunnen
- IT Updates – Allstaff email discussion. Some talk about discussion board tool rather than email.
- Bb16 (current issue) – Working with Jess and Blackboard as this app server is not connecting to the database. Szymon will be consulted to see if he has ideas for resolution. This is our test environment and needs to be updated soon to begin testing patches.
- Kristin Roberts Patch – This patch is waiting for our Bb16 work to be completed.
- V4 of Access Denied Patch – This patch is waiting for our Bb16 work to be completed.
- Bb Collaborate – Eric will contact Kevin and David to be sure they are involved and aware of the pilot.
- Starfish (how to charges) – Evaluation should occur of what support is provided by license.
- Relay Mashup (V3) – An instructor reported that some of her recordings are not appearing in Bb. Szymon was recently contacted. Will be evaluating version 4 (includes Fuze, YouTube upload, Webcam, enhanced playback) for potential December timeframe upgrade.
- My Content – Some reported issues with Portfolios with access to certain files.
- Blackboard (Wimba) Voice Tools – The license issue was resolved. Students were getting an error message that indicated the license was expired.