Educational Technology Organization of Michigan is coming to GRCC!
This October, GRCC will be hosting the Fall Educational Technology Organization of Michigan (ETOM) conference. Proposals are currently being accepted for presentations. ETOM is looking for sessions on innovative practices in educational technology, distance education, classroom technology and information technology. Proposals may be submitted at the ETOM website. GRCC Faculty are welcome to attend and encouraged to submit a proposal to present!
Historically, the conference focus has been on innovation in distance learning and classroom technology. In addition, this year there will also be a track on learning management systems, allowing colleagues to share best practices dealing with Blackboard, Moodle, D2Learn, or WebStudy.
Here is a list of topics that may get you started with a proposal:
- Assessment and Quality Control
- Open Source Solutions
- Blended & Hybrid Courses
- Emerging Technologies for Learning
- Web 2.0 Applications in Learning
- Online Student Support Services
- Online Certificate & Program Development
- Serving Students with Disabilities
- Course & Learning Management Systems
- Podcasting/Vodcasting/Lecture Capture
- Faculty Training
- Gaming & Learning
- Learning Objects & Repositories
- Retaining Online Students
- Distance Learning Program Business Plans
- Vocational Programs Online
- Classroom Technologies
- Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
- Technology & Learning Research
- Student Success
- Faculty Support Systems
- Admin Best Practices for LMS’s
If you are interested, please submit your proposal by September 28th. The conference will be held at the DeVos Campus on Friday, October 14th. Save the date!