GRCC & the Blackboard Exemplary Course Award Program
The following GRCC professors have participated as course reviewers in this year’s Blackboard Exemplary Course Award Program (ECP).
Mursalata Muhammad (English)
Denise Acevedo (English)
Lisa Gloege (Economics)
We wanted to highlight these faculty as they have dedicated extra time to participate in this program with a goal of improving teaching and learning! Thank you!
About the Blackboard ECP program:
“The Blackboard Exemplary Course Program was born with the goal of identifying and disseminating effective practices for designing engaging online courses. Using a rubric, instructors and course designers can evaluate how well their own course conforms to effective practices for Course Design, Interaction & Collaboration, Assessment and Learner Support.”
Benefits to participating in the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program:
Participants in the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program and its peer review process have reported that the experience of evaluating their courses using the rubric improved their courses and made them stronger course designers.
- Highlights in the program include:
- Learn course design best practices to improve the engagement, collaboration, assessment and learner support within your own courses
- Develop a fresh perspective by seeing how other instructors and designers from your discipline or area of interest are developing their courses
- Apply lessons learned from the Exemplary Course Rubric to your own courses or those you are helping to develop
- Receive detailed feedback on your own course development on the best practices you are employing or areas in which it can be improved
- Gain professional development experience and recognition for your accomplishments and participation in the program