DLIT Weekly Updates – June 4
The following items are updates from the Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies Department for the week ending on Friday, June 4th.
- We had a conference call with Blackboard to discuss the new Course Files feature in Bb 9
- We had a conference call with Blackboard to discuss GRCC’s pilot of Bb 9.1 and our open issues that are important to fix before the Fall semester begins.
- The OHCC course continues into week 4 with 23 participants. The technology has been a challenge to deal with since 351M isn’t configured well to accommodate technology focused sessions.
- 14 desktops are expected to be ordered for 351M by Peggy Gorno to help create a dedicated Faculty Professional Development Computer Lab. The furniture is still an unknown as far as being upgraded for the new desktops.
- We had a Blackboard meeting and discussed a project to provide faculty with the ability to easily move final grades from Bb to Peoplesoft.
- Blackboard 9.1 Pilot survey will be deployed. There have been no showstoppers identified and upgrading to Blackboard 9.1 for the Fall semester is on schedule.
- IT and Peggy Gorno have been involved in discussing our Blackboard licensing regarding our continued growth in FTE.
- A DL CAP team has been formed. No meeting has yet been set.
- A meeting has been setup for Eric Kunnen, Garry Brand, Bill Faber, Laurie Foster, and Melanie Forbes to discuss streamlining the online/hybrid certification and course development/approval process.
- Blackboard is scheduling a visit to GRCC on June 29 and 30 to review our 9.1 upgrade, gain feedback, discuss user testing, and review our needs for future product direction and roadmap for content management and Blackboard use as well as to discuss a Xythos Drive pilot.
- Trained faculty on Intro to Blackboard 9.