Weekly Update – May 13
The following are updates from DLIT for Friday, may 13.
- Finishing up our first week of the Online and Hybrid Certification Course with 26 participants. (The largest cohort ever.)
- Created (and continuing to create) tutorial videos for Blackboard 9, including related tools (e.g. Wimba Pronto).
- Participating in live pilot of summer classes in Blackboard 9.
- Testing and reporting bugs on Blackboard 9.
- Assisting walk-in faculty and replying to requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assisting CTE as they transition registration and training set-up.
- Served faculty during semester start-up session drop-in (9am-2pm).
- Revised Blackboard Orientation Course and prepared orientation video for online students (thanks to Bill Faber and Klaas Kwant).
- Provided Blackboard 9.1 training, including a full Introduction to Bb 9 session.
- Added MP3 output option for Camtasia Relay.
- Secured 2 USB hard drives to store course archives from Blackboard.
- Discussion to eliminate Learning Objects Campus Pack Building Block for Fall 2010 as Bb 9.1 has built-in blogs and wikis.
- Working with Library to license the NBC Learn Building Block.
- Presented to the FYE faculty orientation on leveraging Blackboard.
- Coordinating a campus visit by a team from Blackboard Inc. as they are interested in coming to campus to help assist us with Bb 9.1 upgrade, along with discussing Xythos Drive pilot.
- Submitted MCCVLC Distance Learning Survey.
- Setup the Summer Technology Institute for Faculty web site.
- Working on setting up DL CAP team meetings.